The U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coach Seminar is a one-day training that includes indoor classroom sessions and an outdoor live coaching clinic. Participants receive the USKG Games Guide and sample Learning Program curriculum. Coaches that complete the Certification will also receive Positive Coaching Alliance training and certification. PGA and LPGA members can earn up to 10 credits.
Who Can Become a Certified Coach?
The program is for professionals who seek to improve their knowledge in all aspects of youth golf that can be utilized to enhance a current program or provide the basis for establishing a new program. Certification will help coaches increase their market visibility and professional value.
U.S. Kids Golf holds a unique position in the golf industry as one of the only companies to focus solely on youth golf. With two decades of experience building and designing the best performing clubs for kids and conducting the largest youth golf tournament program in the world, USKG has collected the knowledge and data to sustainably grow the game at the youth level. Through the sharing of this information USKG can help you improve your youth programs and increase your marketability and value.
The goal of the Certified Coach program is to assist professionals in enhancing their programs through the information shared, and knowledge gained, in the following areas:
- Organizing and Executing a Youth Program – The key ingredients for a successful youth golf instruction program.
- Expert Club Fitting – The important role properly fit clubs play in helping young golfers learn and enjoy the game.
- Swing Speed – Enabling young golfers to develop fundamentally sound swings and create more speed and power.
- Relationships – Creating positive interactions with the player and parent.
- Scaling the Golf Course – Providing enjoyable on-course experiences by playing proper yardages.
- Curriculum – Utilizing a structured, incentive-based curriculum to enhance your youth program.
- Game Based Learning – Using golf-specific games as a key component in training.
- Resources – Tools to train and assist professionals in youth coaching.
- Networking – Sharing best practices with other golf professionals and coaches.
Time | Session
8:00am - 8:15am | Registration
8:15am - 11:45am | Classroom session
11:45am - 1:00pm | Lunch and sharing of best practices
1:00pm - 2:30pm | Classroom Session
2:30pm - 4:00pm | Outdoor session | Live coaching clinic
4:00pm - 4:30pm | Classroom session | Wrap up
The registration fee is $195 until two weeks prior to the seminar date when the cost increases to $245. At each seminar, coaches receive the Coaches Handbook, the USKG Games Guide, a Level 1, 2 and 3 Learning Program booklet and access to the seminar presentation.
Multi Registration Discount
A special discount is offered to professionals registering from the same facility. To receive the $20 discount per registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a code that can be entered upon checkout.
Current Certified Coach Discount
Active Certified Coaches who have paid the annual renewal can attend a seminar for the discounted rate of $50. The discounted price is available when you login to your Member Connect Profile. If you are a Certified Coach and the discount does not automate, please contact email@example.com.
PGA and LPGA members who attend and complete the U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaches program are eligible to receive PGA Member Service Requirements (MSR) credits and/or LPGA Certification Units (CU).
Learn more at pga.org the official site of the PGA of America or, lpga.com, the official site of the LPGA.
Since 2012, U.S. Kids Golf Coaches Institute has presented to over 3,000 teaching professionals in 80 locations around the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Italy, and the United Kingdom. In this time, 1,977 teaching professionals have become U.S. Kids Golf Certified Coaches.
The schedule below lists all confirmed and tentative seminar locations and dates. To sign up, click on the date shown for your location.
The complete Fall 2017 seminar schedule will be available June 30, 2017.